Abundant Freedom wants to take the fight to the war on drugs. We know that this battle needs God’s miracle to be won. Let’s face it, its an urban battlefield with covered with blackmailed politicians , blood , and drug money. A nation broken by the influx of corruption and drugs, which has lead to social decay and drug addiction, and is a country with no military infrastructure ( removed 6 decades ago). If it wasn’t real life you could almost say it was the action thriller of the year.
This is real though , real for the people of Costa Rica, real for the christian representatives that are there.
We want you to be assured of why we have chosen Costa Rica’s drug problem as THE problem we need to focus on.
Please take a few minutes to view the video presentation below, or for those without audio\video you can see the short list below.
- Costa Rica is a land of christian growth, with an 8% conversion rate from traditional Catholicism.
- In the last 4 years we have seen an increase in cocaine usage in high schools of 47%.
- Costa Rica is a land that can flow “milk and honey”. It a solid resource given to man, with opportunity.
- The problem in the country is influenced by outside resources, so the cause of the problem doesn’t solely stem from government choices.
- The problem is caused by those with power, but affects those that have no power to change it.
- The problem is augmented by a non-military existent in Costa Rica, limiting Costa Rica’s ability to face the current onslaught of drug warehousing.
Religion statistics: 2009 vs 2007 data http://www.prolades.com/amertbl06.htm , https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/cs.html Drug-related crime increase: http://www.ticotimes.net/Current-Edition/Top-Story/News/WikiLeaks-As-crime-rises-Costa-Rica-no-longer-safe-_Friday-March-25-2011 Costa Rica – Growth opportunity http://www.cinde.org/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NCQSyF_2cw Costa Rica- hub for Drug Cartels – http://laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=349013&CategoryId=23558 Cross referenced data from IAFA – http://www.iafa.go.cr/investigaciones/epidemiologica/Encuesta%20nacional%20sobre%20consumo%20de%20drogas%20en%20poblacion%20de%20educacion%20secundaria%20%202009.pdf Military removed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Costa_Rica Latin America: http://laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=349013&CategoryId=23558 Sinaloa Cartel: http://www.ticotimes.net/Current-Edition/News-Briefs/Security-improving-in-Costa-Rica-but-still-critical-_Friday-November-25-2011 Future Brand CBI 2011: http://www.futurebrand.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/2011-2012-FutureBrand-CBI-SPA.pdf Active Number of police officers: http://www.teletica.com/noticia-detalle.php?id=72326&idp=1